Friday, April 5, 2013

Wrestlemania 29 Predictions!



It has been two years since my last blog but now I will be back to blogging in the world of pro wrestling.  And what better time than to make Wrestlemania 29 predictions. I will have huge news coming soon as well on my next blog.  But that will be next week.  First, it's time for predictions!

First off, I have to say as a life long fan of the WWE I am rather disappointed in this year's card. There is nothing that jumps out at me and makes me say "I have to see this match!"  We have seen Rock-Cena.  We have seen Lesnar-HHH.  We have seen Undertaker-Punk. It bothers me that I am not impressed.  But oh well.

Here we go.  First with the Twice in a Lifetime match, I say there is absolutely no chance John Cena doesn't win this match.  I probably said that last year too, but now more than ever I think Cena wins and is your new WWE Champion. Anyone who knows me, knows I am not happy about this.  I am not a Cena fan.  Promo wise he is top notch, but there are only so many times I can see his five moves of doom.

Next up, we have Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Thwagger for the World Title. We may never know the original plans of this match, because I feel Jack's arrest changed the outcome of this match.  I think Swagger was going to win, but now he has no chance of winning.  It's not going to matter since Dolph Ziggler will walk out as the World Champion after cashing in his money in the bank.

Another match that the build up clearly had to change due to real life circumstances is Undertaker vs CM Punk.  With Punk being disrespectful due to the real life death of Paul Bearer,  I have to wonder what the original build was going to look like.  Regardless, Undertaker's streak will continue!

Triple H will have his revenge on his loss to Brock Lesnar as well, just like Cena will get revenge on Rock.  This match will be violent.  It will feature Shawn Michaels, Paul Heyman, and most likely a McMahon or two. It won't be a wrestling match, it will be a fight.  But I think it has the potential to be a great match.

Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show Vs The Shield should be a decent match.  I have been very impressed with Roman Reigns. When The Shield was called up, Ambrose and Rollins were supposed to be the good ones and they are, but Reigns has shown me something. I do expect Big Show to officially turn face while Randy Orton turns heel. And then The Shield will win.

I think that Kane and Daniel Bryan will retain the tag titles, for now, against Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston. I see them losing the titles at Extreme Rules more than at Wrestlemania, because Dolph will be more concentrating on cashing in. If Team Hell No is still champions by the end of May and a functioning Tag Team I will be very surprised.

Ryback vs Mark Henry will also be a fight.  But Ryback needs a win on Pay Per View. And he will get it here.

Chris Jericho vs Fandango could honestly go either way. But I think Fandango will let his A's breath with a win!

The fact that Antonio Cesaro, Kofi Kingston and Zack Ryder don't have a match on Sunday but Brodus Clay/Sweet T(ensai), Naomi, Cameron, And the Bellas all have a match is just mind boggling.  And how is this not the preshow match instead of Miz-Barrett for the Intercontinental Title? Makes no sense to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment