Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Summerslam 2013 Predictions

Welcome to the first of two blogs for the day here at Inside the Wrestling Ring. The first blog will be about my predictions for Summerslam 2013. So let's get started with the kick off match.

This past week we saw a 20 man over the top battle royal to decide who would face Dean Ambrose for the United States Championship as part of the pre-show. It came down to Mark Henry vs Rob Van Dam and your winner was RVD. I would love to see him win the strap, but I don't think he will. I think that The Shield will attack during the match and Big Show and Mark Henry will come down to even the odds. I think that at next month's Night Of Champions we will have a winner take all match between the six of them. But I predict this will be an incredible way to get Summerslam started.

Next up will be the Total Divas match between Natayla and a Bella, in this case Brie. I think that Natayla SHOULD win, but probably won't. So expect some twin magic to occur and a Bella victory

Kane vs. Bray Wyatt in a Ring Of Fire match. This is the first Ring of Fire match, not to be confused with an inferno match. No one will be set on fire in this match. Bray Wyatt has to win. It's his first match and he can't start off a loser. I would be interested in this to see what Wyatt is like in the ring. I saw him as Husky Harris and I saw a match he had 2 years ago at FCW against Richie Steamboat. I was not impressed either way, but he has supposedly improved dramatically so I will give him the benefit of the doubt!

The match I am most looking forward to is Cody Rhodes against his former tag team partner Damien Sandow. Both men can go in the ring, they are both good at telling a story in the ring, and as former partners they know each other's moves well. I don't think either of them will be a Jannety or a Neidhart. I think Damien Sandow will win this match, but this really could go either way in my book.

Next up is AJ and Big E. Langston vs Kaitlyn and Dolph Ziggler. This match I keep going back and forth on who will win. But I will stick with my guns and say AJ and Big E. She is the diva's champion and he is up and coming. Plus I want to see if Big E. tries to kiss AJ again!

Now it's time for my thoughts of the Best vs. The Beast, CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar. I think this will be as brutal as the build up has been. I think it ends in a DQ with either Curtis Axel or Paul Heyman interfering. Maybe a chair is used. We have not seen the last of these two though. Expect a huge stipulation match at Night of Champions

The World Heavyweight Title will be defended when Alberto Del Rio goes against Christian. I expect Del Rio to win. I like Christian, but I think more can be gained by Del Rio winning. His heel turn has fallen flat. I think that is why Del Rio attacked Ricardo Rodriguez on Raw two weeks ago.

And finally John Cena versus Daniel Bryan with Triple H as Special Guest Referee for the WWE Title. I think having Triple H as the Special Guest Referee changes everything. I expect Daniel Bryan to walk out as champion. John Cena is hurt, first off. Secondly no one is hotter right now than Daniel Bryan. I also expect Randy Orton to cash in his Money In The Bank and lose setting up a great triple threat match at Night Of Champions.

A Special Thanks to my fiancée who helps edit this page!

No comments:

Post a Comment