Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The End Of The Streak Edition


Welcome back to Inside The Wrestling Ring. As always if you haven't had a chance to check out our partners at Club Kayfabe check them out. I highly recommend it!
 
This past Sunday we had WrestleMania XXX and of course the biggest news coming out of New Orleans was the fact that Brock Lesnar defeated The Undertaker, ending the greatest streak in pro wrestling history. A lot of people are complaining about it, but here is what I think.
 
If Undertaker wanted to lose, then he deserves to lose. It's what he wanted. He is a legend that has earned the right to say if he wins or loses a match like this. I had read that he was getting tired of the streak and wanted to lose. My only issue with it is that Brock has already done all he could have done. Former Royal Rumble winner, King Of The Ring, World Title. Lesnar has done it. For someone to beat the streak, it should have been someone who needed it to push their career. It's not like Brock Lesnar is going to come back full time.
 
The other thing I didn't like was just how it occurred. Because Lesnar's music didn't start right away, it felt like there was an error, like it wasn't supposed to happen, but most reports are saying it was meant to be. I say most because there is at least one "website" claiming Brock forced the referee to change the ending of the match in his favor. I will not link the website or even mention it by name. But it is not true. The ending that we saw was supposed to be ending of the match.
 
I asked my friend Jason to come and comment on the end of the Streak. He isn't exactly a wrestling fan. And by that I mean he doesn't watch wrestling at all. So welcome Inside The Wrestling Ring at this time the host of the Peverett Phile.
 
Hi Jason, let me welcome you to Inside the Wrestling Ring. I wanted to bring you on to guest blog for all the times I appear on your blog The Peverett Phile. Thanks for coming on.
Jason: Hey, Jeff, it's great to be here.
 
How have you been?
 
Jason: I'm doing okay considering the Phile is on hiatus. By the way, if it ever comes back I'll have you and Lori back on, and we'll talk about the Super Bowl that happened years ago. Lol
I was wondering your thoughts about The Undertaker losing at WrestleMania?

Jason:  I don't know what to say about The Undertaker losing WrestleMania. Does he win most of the time?

Yes, Undertaker normally wins at WrestleMania. Let's just put it this way. He has competed at 22 of 30 WrestleManias. Sunday was the first time he lost... That's why I was asking! I wanted to see if non wrestling fans had heard of "The Streak." Thank you for your time, Jason. I hope to see the triumphant return of the Peverett Phile soon!

Regardless of how you feel about the end of the streak, the one thing we can all agree on is that we will never see anything like it again in the world of professional wrestling. The Undertaker defeated Hall Of Famers, up and comers, former world champions, and Giant Gonzalez. It became an entity on its own.

With Miz losing during the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal (though I don't think it should count) it looks like Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns are the closest thing to a streak that we have with 2-0 each.

Special thanks to my wonderful editor for making these words readable.

32

No comments:

Post a Comment